HOW TO: 7 ways I style my Box'Braids'
21:24
Whooo-hoo ! Its the beginning of yet another beautiful week people. Do you smell happiness in the air? Good vibes only allowed here.
One thing I love the most about having braids is styling them. If you read my New hair New me maybe? post, you will know I promised I would show you guys how I style my braids. I find them versatile enough to experiment with and whip my hair back and forth (Willow Smith voice). I've had instances where I have a style in my head I want to try but executing it is an utter disaster then others just work. Whats your experience with styling braids??
Do not be like me divas and forget to tame your edges! Lay them down honey!
STYLE 1
This is my favourite of the 7 styles. I literally do this style every other day. Ok so to achieve this look section the hair into two halves, one in the front and one in the back. Tie the one in the front into a ponytail and spread the hair evenly around the crown of your head. You must be looking like a mad woman by now ! Haha. Start rolling the hair around the ponytail tightly and voila ! Your bun is set.. Make sure it's secure so it's doesn't unravel and you look like a crazy mama. I stop here with my bun but you could try pining the sides down for extra security.
STYLE 2: THE BUN
Everyone loves a bun ! This is my go to hairstyle any day I feel like being dressy or looking classy. Tie the hair into your desired ponytail. It can be a centre or side one whichever you prefer. I like the centre one because it frames my face, well cheeks better. Spread the hair tied into a ponytail evenly around the crown of your head and tightly roll it round the tied bit.
STYLE 3:HAIR TIED BACK
Want something quick and easy- this is your pick. Middle part the braids. Twist the sides down and tie to the back. Make sure you tuck all the braids sticking out at the back into the braids so it's neat and presentable
STYLE 4: BUN WITH A TWIST
This is a risky' one. Not for the faint hearted so tread carefully. Lol. It's just a normal bun with a twist. Literally. Section the hair into 2, the front right side and what's left all goes into a bun. Tie the rest of the hair into a ponytail and make a bun (see style 1and 2) for a bun. Then twist the front section in an upward motion and join to the bun. Still with me? I sure hope so. Slowly round up the excess hair to the bun and you are good to go!
STYLE 5:PONYTAIL BUN
Dont I look pretty in this one (vain moment). My cheeks are my most prominent attribute on my face and I've been playing around with what works for a girl with big cheeks :) this one too is my favourite.. I know I know, I'm just so indecisive but I really do like this style a lot. All you do to get this look is quarter of the crown hair and tie into a ponytail. Then tie the rest of the hair into a high ponytail right behind the crown one. Take the crown ponytail and make a bun. Pretty easy huh ?
STYLE 6:SIDE BRAID
This is my wake up and go hairstyle. I favour it on days I'm lazy to style my hair but want to keep braids out of my face. Side part ur braids. Take a small portion from the top and braid it down. And down. And down till you get to the end and out the door you go :)
STYLE 7: PIGTAIL BUNS
Last but not least, the pigtail buns. You know I just had to do this one. I divide the hair into two halves, the front and the back. I then take the front and section that bit into two identical portions and tie those into ponytails respectively. To find it off I make buns out of both ponytails.
Ye, I know this is pretty overwhelming and I'm bad when it comes to explanations thats why I went on to make a video to sequel my not so good explanation skills *hides*. This way I get to show you guys what I mean :)
VIDEO HERE
I have so much to do this week, hashtag making the most of the last month of the year. Do you guys feel the same ?
(leave your comments below)
Have a blessed week everyone
xo

3 comments
No 7 is so cute. I love braids because I'm a big fan of switching it up.
ReplyDeleteDivadiari.blogspot.com
Right Sogie! They are so much fun to work with :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not really a fan of braids but I love them because they last long, easy to maintain and you can always style dem in many different ways..I do love number 7 and number 5 I tink I should try on some box braids..thanks for sharing :).
ReplyDeleteSophsinspirations.blogspot.com