LIFE AFTER UNI: JOB HUNTING? OTHER OPPORTUNITIES?

12:13

Life after Uni has come with its own challenges and one of them was job hunting for me. This is the one thing no one tells you about what you go through after you graduate. For some people who are fortunate enough to secure a job before they are done school, you will never know the struggle. 
I went through a phase of almost semi-depression after I graduated because I was struggling to figure out what I wanted to do. I went from feeling excited and relieved that this school journey was over for now, to feeling anxious, unsure of myself and tired of being idle after a week of being at home doing nothing. All those career guidance workshops I attended, interview prepping sessions, CV and cover letter building seemed futile as I was struggling to secure interviews in the field I want to start my career in. In a space of a week, I'd send an average of 5 job applications to different companies and only a few would respond with interview options. Advice I would give to college students or recent graduate:
1. Trust the process: everytime I talked to friends and family, they kept telling me to trust the process, not to rush to want to enter the work field. This was hard for me because I had plans I expected would go right into motion after graduation. That wait made me feel so anxious
I am back again with this beauty of a skirt I thrifted a few weeks ago ((Link of Original post here) and this time around I dressed it up in a formal way. I am in love with how this skirt frames my body. Usually skirts shaped like this either make me look shorter than I am or a rounder than I am but the print on this one balances everything out. I went for a classier look with this one, pairing it with a wrap white top, which is a thrifty buy as well. I love the clean lines, perfect symmetry and how well put together I look in this. I finished off the look with a slick middle part wig (from my hair collection which will be dropping soon). 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. There is no process to trust believe me. I know. I went through the same struggle (at least i knew in my field you gotta have at least honours and above to secure a basic level 1 job.) I went through a number of internships and contracts. I had to go back to varsity to continue studying.
    I think the department of Labor should find a way of inducting as well as working with companies in terms of a "pipeline type of system" anyway, that is what it is out there and it is getting worse

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form